With technology dominating the way business is made, it is only right that you, as a businessman, must also get into the tech scene. Online retail has become an instant hit ever since it was first introduced years ago and because of its popularity, traditional bricks-and-mortar stores have suffered a great deal when it comes to generating sales. If you feel it is time for your business to finally enter the online world, then you should know the importance of a well-designed website.
You may ask yourself, “Why is good web design so important?” Well, according to a number of studies, good web design greatly helps in generating traffic as well as better user experience which would likely increase the website’s conversion rate. If you’re still unsatisfied with that, here are some reasons why good web design is important.
- One of the most important parts of a website is navigation. It plays a great role in user experience and converting traffic into profit. It has been said countless of times that a website’s navigation can make or break it. Good web design would mean good navigation which would then mean better user experience which would likely end up in conversion.
- BRAND CONSISTENCY. If your company has a logo, then it is important that your logo is also carried out in the way your website is designed. It should be present in every webpage because it is what people will use to identify you.
- STRATEGIC PLACEMENT OF INFORMATION & SEO. One must also study the reading patterns that would best influence a potential customer. If you place critical information in the right places, or in places where you know people would easily find them, then it can help with your search engine optimization a lot.
- CONTENT. How you write and place your content is important because your content communicates your brand position as well as your promise. You should always strive to make your content short but on point so that people don’t get tired of reading them. Notice the way Paper Mart has placed their content on their website and use that as an example.
- If you design your website in a way that is welcoming and trustworthy to visitors, then you know you can build good relationships with a number of customers.